Enhancing Food Services for Passengers
Indian Railways has introduced a commendable initiative to provide economical and hygienic meals to passengers in general coaches. Priced at Rs.20 for a meal and Rs.50 for snacks, this move aims to expand food and beverage services for the convenience of travelers.
Key Details: Healthy Food at Service Counters
Passengers in general coaches can now enjoy healthy and hygienic meals supplied from the IRCTC’s kitchen at affordable prices. The service counters will be located near the platforms, making it easily accessible for passengers.
Objective: Catering to Overcrowded Coaches
The primary objective of this initiative is to cater to the needs of passengers traveling in general coaches, which are often crowded. By offering economical meals and snacks, Indian Railways aims to enhance the overall travel experience.
Categories of Meals: Providing Choices
The meals are categorized into two options to suit the preferences of passengers:
- Rs.20 Meal: This option includes seven pooris, dry aloos, and pickle, priced at Rs.20.
- Rs.50 Snacks: The second option offers an assortment of South Indian food items like rajma, rice, chhole, khichdi, bhature, kulche, pav bhaji, and masala dosa, priced at Rs.50.
Conclusion: Improving Travel Comfort
Indian Railways’ initiative to provide affordable and healthy meals in general coaches is a significant step towards enhancing the comfort of passengers during their journeys. By offering varied meal choices, this initiative aims to make train travel more enjoyable and convenient for all travelers.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park