In a historic move, the Subroto Mukerjee Sports Education Society (SMSES) and the All India Football Federation (AIFF) have joined hands to promote grassroots football development. This marks the first-ever collaboration between the two esteemed organizations. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed during a formal event at Air Force Station, New Delhi, with Air Vice Marshal Alok Sharma, VM VSM, ACAS (Org & Cer) representing SMSES and Dr. Shaji Prabhakaran, Secretary General of AIFF.
Both dignitaries expressed their delight at this partnership and expressed confidence in the positive impact it will have on national football. This collaboration is expected to yield significant benefits for football at the grassroots level, nurturing young talents and strengthening the foundation of Indian football for a promising future.
More About the MoU
- Under the newly formed collaboration, a Subroto XI team will be established in the Junior Boys (U-17) category starting from this edition onwards. This team will actively participate in AIFF Youth Competitions, beginning with the 2023-24 season.
- Moreover, clubs from prestigious leagues such as ISL, I-League, and IWL will select players from the Subroto Cup to join their teams, providing talented players with a platform to showcase their skills at the national level.
- To ensure fair competition and prevent age fraud, SMSES will conduct age-determination tests using expert assistance.
- Additionally, AIFF will organize an education workshop for the coaches of final-round teams in Delhi and Bengaluru, aimed at updating and enhancing their coaching knowledge.
- To further promote the Subroto Cup, AIFF will include it in its annual media plan and calendar, giving the tournament wider visibility and recognition. This collaboration between SMSES and AIFF holds the promise of nurturing young football talents and facilitating their growth in the sport, ultimately contributing to the overall development of football in India.
The Subroto Cup International Football Tournament, organized by the Subroto Mukerjee Sports Education Society (SMSES) since 1960, is a highly esteemed event under the supervision of the Air Force Sports Control Board. It stands out as a distinctive football competition, attracting school teams from across all states, starting from the grass-root level. The tournament features three categories: Sub-junior Boys (U-14), Junior Boys (U-17), and Junior Girls (U-17), where teams compete for top honors in the country. This prestigious event provides a platform for young talents to showcase their football skills and passion, contributing to the growth and development of the sport in India.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
What is the All India Football Federation?
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) is the governing body of football in India. It was founded in 1930 and is headquartered in New Delhi.
What are the activities of the All India Football Federation?
The AIFF organizes a number of football competitions, including the Indian Super League, the I-League, and the Santosh Trophy. It also represents India in international football and is responsible for the selection of the Indian national team.