Dr. K. Venugopal, the chief consultant in respiratory medicine at General Hospital, Alappuzha in Kerala, has been chosen by the Indian Medical Association (IMA) to receive an award in the category of community service. The IMA Awards will be presented at a ceremony held at the IMA headquarters in New Delhi on July 1, 2023, in honor of National Doctor’s Day. Dr. Venugopal’s remarkable contributions and service to the community have earned him this recognition from the esteemed medical association.
About The Indian Medical Association
- The Indian Medical Association (IMA) is a national voluntary organisation of physicians in India.
- It was established in 1928 as the All India Medical Association, and was renamed the Indian Medical Association in 1930.
- It is a society registered under The Societies Act of India.
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- The current national president of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) is Dr. Sharad Kumar Agarwal.
- He was elected on 28 December 2022 and took office on 1 January 2023.
- He is a practicing physician in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park