On 4th July, Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation, Shri Amit Shah inaugurated the foundation stone laying ceremony of Shri Motibhai R Chaudhary Sagar Sainik School in Mehsana, Gujarat. The unique aspect of this project is that it will be the first Sainik School in India to be operated by a cooperative organization, the Dudhsagar Research and Development Association. The event took place through a video conferencing platform, marking an important milestone in the establishment of this groundbreaking educational institution.
More About the News
During the inauguration of the Motibhai Chaudhary Sagar Sainik School, the Union Home Minister emphasized its significance as a platform for children to join the Army, not just from North Gujarat but from across the country. He highlighted that students who graduate from this school and pursue a career in the military will dedicate their lives to patriotism and national defense. Moreover, those who choose a civilian path will still imbibe a sense of patriotism and become responsible citizens.
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has called for the establishment of 100 Sainik Schools in the country under the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model. In line with this vision, the inauguration of the 20th Sainik School signifies progress toward achieving this goal.
About the Dudhsagar Dairy
Dudhsagar Dairy is a dairy cooperative society located in Mehsana, Gujarat. It was founded in 1962 by Shri Motibhai R Chaudhary, who was a milk supplier and a social worker. The dairy is named after the Dudhsagar Falls, which are located nearby.
- Dudhsagar Dairy is one of the largest dairy cooperatives in India. It has a membership of over 1.5 million milk producers and it processes over 2 million liters of milk every day.
- Dairy produces a variety of dairy products, including milk, yogurt, butter, cheese, and ice cream.
- Dudhsagar Dairy is a socially responsible organization.
- It has a number of initiatives to help milk producers, such as providing them with training and financial assistance.
- The dairy also has a number of environmental initiatives, such as reducing its water consumption and using renewable energy.
Awards and Recognition
- National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) Award for Excellence (2006)
- Gujarat government’s Dairy Development Award (2010)
- CII-ITC Business Excellence Award (2012)
- World’s Best Dairy Cooperative (2015) by the World Dairy Organization
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park