Chandan Ram Das, who served as the Minister for Transport and Social Welfare in Uttarakhand, passed away on April 26th in Bageshwar due to a heart attack. He was 65 years old. Das was admitted to the district hospital in the afternoon after he experienced chest tightness.
Chandan Ram Das, Uttarakhand Transport Minister Passes Away
- He was a BJP leader who had been representing Bageshwar in the legislative assembly of Uttarakhand since 2007.
- He was appointed as a minister for the first time in the cabinet of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami in March 2022.
- The government of Uttarakhand has declared a three-day state mourning from April 26 to April 28, following the sudden demise of Chandan Ram Das. As a mark of respect, all government offices, banks, treasuries, and sub-treasuries in the state will remain closed on April 26.
- Chandan Ram Das began his political career as the independent president of the Bageshwar municipality in 1997.
- Later, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 2006 and went on to win the MLA election from Bageshwar for four consecutive terms in 2007, 2012, 2017, and 2022.
- Capital – Dehradun (Winter) & Gairsain (Summer)
- Governor – Gurmit Singh
- Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Uttarakhand became the 27th state of India on November 9, 2000, after it was separated from northern Uttar Pradesh. On January 1, 2007, the state’s name was changed from Uttaranchal to Uttarakhand.
- The state is located in the foothills of the Himalayan mountain ranges and is mostly hilly. It shares international borders with China (Tibet) to the north and Nepal to the east.
- The state is drained by various rivers of the Ganga system, including the Ganga, Yamuna, and Ramganga.
- Uttarakhand is known as the “Land of the Gods” (Devbhumi) because it is home to several ancient temples and pilgrimage centers such as Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri, Gangotri, Hemkund Sahib, and Haridwar. These places attract millions of devotees and tourists from all over the world every year.
- The state is also known for its scenic beauty, rich biodiversity, and adventure tourism activities such as trekking, mountaineering, river rafting, and skiing.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park