During his visit to Mauritius on Friday, Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis, revealed a 12-feet statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, the Maratha warrior king.
More about the News
- Devendra Fadnavis, the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, visited Mauritius.
- He attended a cultural event with Mauritius Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth and met with members of the Maharashtrian community.
- During his visit, Fadnavis unveiled a 12-foot statue of Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and spoke about his accomplishments in managing the tax system and law and order.
- The inauguration ceremony was attended by Mauritian Prime Minister Pravind Kumar Jugnauth and members of the Mauritius Marathi Mandali Federation.
- He pledged a grant of 44 million Mauritius rupees for the construction of a multipurpose hall and a scholarship for 10 students.
- Fadnavis also met with representatives of Mauritian companies in an event organized by the Mauritius India Business Community.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote the trade between Maharashtra and Mauritius was signed between Economic Development Board, Mauritius, and Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation.
About Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was a Maratha warrior king and a member of the Bhonsle Maratha clan.
- He was born in 1630 in the town of Shivneri, in present-day Maharashtra.
- Shivaji was a skilled military leader who is known for his guerrilla warfare tactics, and he is considered one of the most significant figures in Indian history.
- Shivaji Maharaj is known for establishing the Maratha Empire, which existed from 1674 to 1818.
- He fought against the Mughal Empire, which was then one of the most powerful empires in India.
- Shivaji is known for his military strategies, his ability to unite the Maratha people, and his skill in governing and administration.
- Shivaji Maharaj is also known for his policies of religious tolerance and social justice.
- He promoted the use of the Marathi language, and he is credited with laying the foundation of modern Marathi culture.
- Shivaji Maharaj was a devout Hindu, but he also respected other religions, and he was known to have employed people from various religious backgrounds in his administration.
- Today, Shivaji Maharaj is widely revered in Maharashtra and other parts of India as a symbol of courage, leadership, and patriotism. His legacy continues to inspire people to this day.
- Mauritius is a small island nation located in the Indian Ocean, around 2,000 kilometers off the southeast coast of Africa.
- The country is known for its stunning beaches, turquoise lagoons, and coral reefs, making it a popular tourist destination.
- The capital of Mauritius is Port Louis.
- The official languages of Mauritius are English, French, and Mauritian Creole.
- The population is diverse, with people of Indian, African, Chinese, and European descent.
- As per the World Bank, the estimated population of Mauritius in 2021 is around 1.3 million.
- The major religions practiced in Mauritius are Hinduism, Christianity, and Islam
- The economy is based on tourism, agriculture, and textiles, with a growing financial services sector.
- Mauritius is also known for its political stability, having a functioning democracy with regular free, and fair elections.
- President – Prithvirajsing Roopun (since December 2019)
- Prime Minister – Pravind Jugnauth (since November 2019)
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
Which country has Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj statue?
Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis, revealed a 12-feet statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, the Maratha warrior king during his visit to Mauritius.
Which is the No 1 tallest statue in India?
The Statue of Unity, located in the state of Gujarat, is currently the tallest statue in India. It is a 182-meter tall statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first Home Minister of India, and was unveiled in 2018.
Is Mauritius an Asian or African nation?
Mauritius is an African island nation located in the Indian Ocean. The population of Mauritius is made up of various ethnicities, including Indo-Mauritians who trace their ancestry to India.