Bharat Ratna DR Ambedkar Award 2023
On May 5th, the former President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, awarded Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath with the Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar Award for his efforts in creating a fear-free Uttar Pradesh.
About the Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar Award
- The Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar Award is an annual award that honors individuals who have made significant contributions to society in the areas of education, social welfare, and economics.
- The award is named after Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, a renowned Indian jurist, economist, social reformer, and politician who played a key role in drafting the Indian Constitution and fought for the rights of oppressed sections of Indian society.
- The award was instituted in 1996 by the Government of Maharashtra, and it is presented every year on Dr. Ambedkar’s birth anniversary.
- The award includes a cash prize and citation and is given to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to society in the spirit of Dr. Ambedkar’s vision of social justice, equality, and human rights.
- Recipients of the award come from various fields such as social work, education, politics, law, and literature.
- The award is highly regarded in India and is given to those who have worked hard to promote Dr. Ambedkar’s ideals of social equality and justice.
Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar Award 2023
- The 13th edition of the Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar Award ceremony took place in Mumbai.
- The award was presented at the Shri Shanmukhananda Auditorium in Mumbai by the Buddhanjali Research Foundation.
- The award was received by Dr. Lalji Prasad Nirmal, a member of the Uttar Pradesh legislative council, on behalf of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- The event was attended by Ramnath Kovind, the former President of India, as the chief guest.
- The award ceremony honors individuals who have made significant contributions to society in the areas of education, social welfare, and economics in the spirit of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
About Yogi Adityanath
- Yogi Adityanath is an Indian politician and a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- He is the current Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and has been in office since 2017.
- Adityanath is known for his Hindutva ideology and his role in the Ram Janmabhoomi movement, which sought to build a Hindu temple in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.
- Prior to becoming the Chief Minister, he was a Member of Parliament in the Lok Sabha (the lower house of India’s parliament) from Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Adityanath is also the head priest of the Gorakhnath Temple in Gorakhpur.
About Bharat Ratna Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar (1891-1956) was a social reformer, jurist, economist, and politician who is best known for his work in championing the rights of the Dalits, the “untouchable” castes in India’s caste system.
- Born into a Dalit family, Ambedkar faced discrimination and prejudice from an early age, and his experiences inspired him to dedicate his life to fighting against caste-based discrimination and social injustice.
- Ambedkar played a significant role in drafting India’s Constitution, and he is often referred to as the “Father of the Indian Constitution.”
- He was also the first law minister of independent India and played a key role in shaping the country’s legal system.
- Throughout his life, Ambedkar worked to promote social justice and equality, and he fought for the rights of women, workers, and other marginalized groups.
- He was a prolific writer and thinker, and his works on the caste system, democracy, and social justice continue to inspire people in India and around the world.
- He was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award, in 1990.
- Ambedkar’s contributions to Indian society have been recognized in many ways.
- In addition to the Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar Award, there are many institutions and organizations that bear his name, including universities, research institutes, and cultural centers.
- His life and work continue to be celebrated in India and beyond, and he is widely regarded as one of the most important figures in modern Indian history.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
In which year Bharat Ratna was awarded to Dr. BR Ambedkar?
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award, in 1990, nearly four decades after his death. The Indian government conferred this award on him in recognition of his contributions to the country as a jurist, economist, social reformer, and politician. Dr. Ambedkar was also the architect of the Indian Constitution and is often referred to as the Father of the Indian Constitution. He dedicated his life to fighting against social discrimination and inequality, particularly towards the Dalits, who were regarded as “untouchables” in the caste system prevalent in India.
Who gives Dr. BR Ambedkar Award?
The Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Award is given by the Government of Maharashtra, in honor of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, who was a social reformer and played a pivotal role in the drafting of the Indian Constitution. The award was instituted in 1996 and is given to individuals who have made significant contributions in the areas of social welfare, education, and economics. The award is presented annually on Dr. Ambedkar’s birth anniversary and carries a cash prize and a citation. Recipients of the award include individuals from various fields such as social work, education, politics, law, and literature, who have worked to promote Dr. Ambedkar’s vision of social justice, equality, and human rights.
How long has Yogi Adityanath been in the CM office?
Yogi Adityanath took office as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on March 19, 2017, following the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) victory in the state assembly elections. He replaced the outgoing Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav of the Samajwadi Party. Yogi Adityanath is a prominent leader of the BJP and a five-time Member of Parliament from the Gorakhpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh. He is also the head priest of the Gorakhnath Math.