India’s aviation education sector has experienced a noteworthy development with the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) granting approval to the first Flying Training Organization (FTO) in Tamil Nadu. EKVI Air Training Organization Pvt Ltd has been given permission to operate from Salem Airport, which is a significant achievement for individuals aspiring to become pilots in the region. This approval opens up new opportunities for aspiring pilots to receive high-quality flight training and contribute to the aviation industry.
More About the News
The approval of EKVI Air Training Organization Pvt Ltd is a positive development for aspiring pilots in Tamil Nadu, as it opens up new possibilities and opportunities. With access to this professional training organization, students can now pursue their dreams of becoming skilled aviators. The FTO will offer a comprehensive training curriculum that includes theoretical classes, flight simulator sessions, and practical flight experience. This well-rounded education will prepare students for the dynamic and competitive aviation industry.
With the addition of EKVI Air Training Organization Pvt Ltd, the total number of Flying Training Organizations (FTOs) in India has now reached 36. This increased availability of FTOs across the country provides more options for aspiring pilots to receive the necessary training and qualifications to pursue a successful career in aviation.
About Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is a statutory body of the Government of India to regulate civil aviation in India. It became a statutory body under the Aircraft Act, 2020.
- Regulating air transport services to/from/within India: This includes issuing licenses to airlines, approving flight plans, and inspecting aircraft.
- Enforcing civil air regulations, air safety, and airworthiness standards: This includes ensuring that aircraft are safe to fly and that pilots are qualified to fly them.
- Coordination at the national level for flexible use of air space by civil and military air traffic agencies: This includes ensuring that civilian and military aircraft can safely share the same airspace.
- Keeping a check on aircraft noise and engine emissions in accordance with ICAO Annex 16 and collaborating with the environmental authorities in this matter, if required: This includes ensuring that aircraft do not cause excessive noise or pollution.
- Promoting indigenous design and manufacture of aircraft and aircraft components by acting as a catalytic agent: This includes providing financial and technical assistance to Indian companies that are developing new aircraft or aircraft components.
- Approving training programs of operators for carriage of dangerous goods, issuing authorizations for carriage of dangerous goods, etc.: This includes ensuring that dangerous goods are transported safely by air.
The DGCA is headquartered in New Delhi and has regional offices in all major cities in India. The DGCA is headed by a Director General, who is a senior civil aviation officer.
The DGCA is a critical part of the Indian civil aviation system. It plays a vital role in ensuring the safety of air travel in India. The DGCA is also responsible for promoting the growth of the Indian civil aviation industry.
- The DGCA has successfully implemented new airworthiness regulations for small aircraft.
- The DGCA has reduced the number of air accidents in India.
- The DGCA has promoted the growth of the Indian civil aviation industry.
The DGCA is committed to ensuring the safety of air travel in India and to promoting the growth of the Indian civil aviation industry.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park