The Ministry of Education has chosen Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) to upgrade the national education technology platform, Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing (DIKSHA), according to the company. This migration aims to enhance the accessibility of DIKSHA and reduce its IT expenses. The seven-year collaboration agreement will enable OCI to support the ministry in expanding DIKSHA’s reach, making educational resources available to millions of additional students, teachers, and collaborators all over the country. This move is expected to bring about significant advancements in the field of education and knowledge sharing in India.
About the DIKSHA Platform
DIKSHA, which stands for Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing, is a national digital platform for teachers and students in India. It was launched by the Government of India in 2017.
The DIKSHA Platform provides a variety of resources for teachers and students, including:
- OER (Open Educational Resources): DIKSHA hosts a large repository of OER, which are freely available educational resources that can be used by teachers and students.
- Training modules: DIKSHA offers a variety of training modules on a range of topics, including pedagogy, technology, and content development.
- Assessment tools: DIKSHA provides a variety of assessment tools that can be used by teachers to assess student learning.
- Communication tools: DIKSHA provides a variety of communication tools that can be used by teachers and students to collaborate and communicate with each other.
The DIKSHA Platform is a valuable resource for teachers and students in India. It provides access to a wide range of resources that can help to improve teaching and learning.
- Access to a wide range of resources: The DIKSHA Platform hosts a large repository of OER, training modules, assessment tools, and communication tools. This provides teachers and students with access to a wide range of resources that can help them to improve their teaching and learning.
- Flexibility: The DIKSHA Platform is a flexible platform that can be used by teachers and students in a variety of ways. Teachers can use the platform to create their own learning resources, and students can use the platform to access resources that are relevant to their interests.
- Accessibility: The DIKSHA Platform is accessible to teachers and students from all over India. The platform is available in a variety of languages, and it can be accessed on a variety of devices.
- DIKSHA is the nation’s digital infrastructure that offers high-quality e-content for school education in all States and Union Territories.
- It also provides QR-coded Energized Textbooks for students of all grades, aiming for a unified digital platform across the country.
- As of July 25, 2023, the platform has recorded an impressive number of achievements, with over 524 crore learning sessions, totaling more than 6,125 crore learning minutes.
- On an average daily basis, the platform receives more than 2.2 crore page hits.
- Presently, there are 3,17,496 pieces of e-content available on the platform, actively supporting students and teachers in their educational journey.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
Who is the Minister of Education?
The current Minister of Education of India is Dharmendra Pradhan. He was sworn in on July 7, 2021. Pradhan is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and has served in various ministerial positions in the Government of India. He is also the Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Who is the present CEO of Oracle?
The current and the only female CEO of Oracle is Safra Catz. She has been the CEO since 2014 and is also the executive chairman of the board of directors. Catz is one of the most powerful women in the tech industry and has been credited with leading Oracle’s transformation into a cloud-based company.