The sixth and final Kalvari class submarine, Vaghsheer, has embarked on its sea trials. The submarine is set to be delivered to the Indian Navy in early 2024, following the completion of these trials. Vaghsheer was launched on April 20, 2022, from the Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL). The Ministry of Defence has stated that MDL has successfully delivered three submarines of Project-75 in the span of 24 months, making the initiation of sea trials for the sixth submarine a significant milestone.
Advancing Aatma Nirbhar Bharat – Vaghsheer Sea Trials
The commencement of sea trials for Vaghsheer, the sixth and final Kalvari class submarine built under Project-75, represents a notable stride towards Aatma Nirbhar Bharat (Self-Reliant India). These comprehensive trials will rigorously assess the submarine’s propulsion systems, weapons, and sensors, thereby bolstering the combat capabilities of the Indian Navy. The commissioning of Vaghsheer holds critical importance, particularly as China expands its presence in the Indian Ocean region, underscoring the strategic necessity of strengthening India’s naval power.
Previous Kalvari Class Submarines:
- INS Kalvari
- INS Khanderi
- INS Karanj
- INS Vela
- INS Chakra
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park