On July 25, 2023, the first Permanent Aadhaar Enrolment Centre (PAEC) for the Indian Army was inaugurated at 1 Central Base Post Office (CBPO) in New Delhi. The inauguration ceremony was jointly conducted by Shri Alok Sharma, Director General Postal Services, and Lt Gen Rajinder Dewan, Quartermaster General. Maj Gen M K Khan, Additional Director General of Army Postal Services (APS), was also present during the event. The establishment of this PAEC will facilitate Aadhaar enrolment services for Army personnel, ensuring greater convenience and accessibility for them.
More About The News
- The newly inaugurated Permanent Aadhaar Enrolment Centre (PAEC) at 1 Central Base Post Office (CBPO), New Delhi, will offer Aadhaar-related services, including enrolment and updation, for tri-services personnel (both Defence and civil) and their dependents.
- The PAEC will extend its services through various Field Post Offices (FPO) located in 48 identified locations across the country. Specifically, Command Headquarters, Corps Headquarters, and selected FPOs are designated for providing PAEC services.
- This initiative aims to significantly simplify and facilitate the Aadhaar enrolment process, particularly for personnel stationed in remote and hard-to-reach areas.
- The Department of Posts (DoP) and the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) have played a vital role in establishing the 48 Permanent Aadhaar Enrolment Centres (PAECs) in both Field and Peace locations. They have provided extensive support in terms of training, equipment, and technical assistance to make this initiative possible.
- The Director General Postal Services and the Quartermaster General expressed their best wishes to the Army Postal Service Corps for introducing this new service. They highlighted that the expansion of these services to more Field Post Offices in the future will bring user-friendly government services closer to the troops in their respective areas.
- The Quartermaster General, Addl DG APS, officers, and other ranks of the Army Postal Service expressed their sincere gratitude to the Department of Posts for taking this initiative to introduce Aadhaar services through Field Post Offices. This move is expected to streamline and enhance the delivery of essential government services to military personnel and their families.
About Army Postal Service
The Army Postal Service (APS) is a government-operated military mail system in India.
- It provides postal, remittance, savings, and insurance services to Army, Indian Navy, Air Force, and Paramilitary forces personnel through 500 Field Post Offices established across the country.
- It also provides cover to Indian troops deployed with United Nations Peace Keeping Forces abroad.
- The APS was founded in 1857, during the Indian Rebellion.
- It was originally called the Field Post Office (FPO) and was responsible for providing postal services to British troops fighting in the rebellion. After the rebellion, the FPO was expanded to provide services to all Indian troops.
- In 1947, when India gained independence, the FPO was renamed the Army Postal Service.
The APS has since grown to become one of the largest military postal systems in the world.
- Mail delivery
- Money transfers
- Savings accounts
- Express mail
- Parcel delivery
- Internet banking
- Mobile phone recharge
- Ticket booking
- Courier services
The Army Postal Service is a vital part of the Indian military’s communication network. It provides a reliable way for soldiers to stay in touch with their families and friends, and it also helps to ensure that the military can receive vital supplies and information.
The Army Postal Service is a professional and efficient organization. It is staffed by a dedicated team of postal workers who are committed to providing the best possible service to the Indian military. The APS is a valuable asset to the Indian military, and it plays an important role in ensuring the success of the Indian Armed Forces.
Benefits of using the Army Postal Service
- Reliable: The APS is a reliable way to send and receive mail, even in remote areas.
- Secure: APS uses secure methods to transport mail, ensuring that your mail is safe and secure.
- Convenient: The APS has a wide network of Field Post Offices, making it easy to find a post office near you.
- Affordable: APS offers affordable rates for mail delivery, making it a cost-effective way to send and receive mail.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
What is the Army Postal Service?
The Army Postal Service (APS) is a government-operated military mail system in India. It provides postal, remittance, savings, and insurance services to Army, Indian Navy, Air Force, and Paramilitary forces personnel through 500 Field Post Offices established across the country. It also provides cover to Indian troops deployed with United Nations Peace Keeping Forces abroad.
What is a Permanent Aadhaar Enrolment Centre?
A Permanent Aadhaar Enrolment Centre (PAEC) is a designated location where you can enrol for Aadhaar or update your Aadhaar details. PAECs are usually located in government offices, post offices, and banks.