The Chair of the Supreme Audit Institutions-20 (SAI20) Engagement Group during India’s G20 Presidency is held by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, Shri Girish Chandra Murmu. The upcoming SAI20 Summit is scheduled to take place in Goa from June 12th to 14th, 2023. Delegates from SAI20 member SAIs of G20 countries, along with Guest SAIs, Invited SAIs, International Organizations, Engagement Groups, and other invitees, will participate in the summit. Sixteen countries will be attending the event in person.
Key Highlights of the G20 SAI Summit in Goa
- Guiding Philosophy: India’s G20 Presidency revolves around the guiding philosophy of “One Earth, One Family, and One Future.”
- Collaboration on Priority Areas: The CAG of India proposed the collaboration of the SAI20 Engagement Group in two priority areas: Blue Economy and Responsible Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Blue Economy: The focus is on leveraging ocean resources in a sustainable manner to drive economic growth, improve livelihoods, and preserve the ecosystem’s health.
- Responsible AI: SAIs must be prepared to audit AI-based governance systems while adopting AI in their audit techniques to enhance effectiveness.
- Compendiums on Blue Economy and Responsible AI: SAI India will present compendiums at the SAI20 Summit, featuring contributions and experience sharing from SAI20 members and other SAIs to guide future audits in these areas.
- Panel Discussions: Panelists will share additional knowledge and experiences on Blue Economy and Responsible AI during the summit.
- Fostering Accountability: The SAI20 Engagement Group aims to foster accountability in governance and strategically partner with governments to address global challenges.
In conclusion, the G20 SAI Summit in Goa marks the leadership role of India’s CAG, Shri Girish Chandra Murmu, in the SAI20 Engagement Group. The summit focuses on priority areas such as the Blue Economy and Responsible AI, aligning with India’s commitment to sustainable development and technological advancement. The event serves as a platform for sharing expertise, enhancing accountability, and forging strategic partnerships to tackle global challenges. The summit is expected to contribute significantly to the advancement of auditing practices and governance worldwide.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park