The Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs is organizing a two-day National Workshop on the National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA). The workshop will take place on May 24th and 25th, 2023, at the Convention Hall of The Hotel Ashok in New Delhi. The primary objective of this workshop is to encourage all State/UT Legislatures to adopt the NeVA platform, which aims to introduce transparency, accountability, and responsiveness in their legislative proceedings through the use of technology.
NeVA: Digital Transformation of State Legislatures
The National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA) is a significant initiative under the “Digital India Programme” by the Government of India. NeVA, classified as one of the 44 Mission Mode Projects (MMPs), aims to facilitate the transition of all State Legislatures into a ‘Digital House,’ making their functioning paperless. Currently, 21 State legislatures have signed Memorandums of Understanding for implementing NeVA, with the project being sanctioned for 17 Legislatures. Funds have already been released to these legislatures for the project implementation. Notably, nine of these legislatures have successfully become fully digital and are now operational on the NeVA platform, conducting their business entirely in a digital and paperless manner.
The Chief Guest for this occasion is Shri Piyush Goyal, Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha, Union Minister for the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, and Textile. Other notable attendees at the inaugural session of the National Workshop include Shri Pralhad Joshi, Union Minister for the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Coal, and Mines; Shri V. Muraleedharan, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and External Affairs; Shri V. Srinivas, IAS, Secretary, Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances; and Shri Gudey Srinivas, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
Participants and Sessions
The workshop will be attended by various stakeholders involved in the NeVA project. This includes Secretaries and senior officers from State Assemblies, Nodal/IT Secretaries from State Governments, and representatives from the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
Over the two-day duration of the National Workshop, there will be six sessions, each addressing different aspects of NeVA implementation and its benefits.
- Session 1: NeVA as a platform for Digital House
- Session 2: Experience-sharing by representatives from nine live Legislatures
- Session 3: Steps required for NeVA implementation by the CPMU, NeVA team
- Session 4: NeVA: Keeping pace with emerging technologies for enabling good governance, featuring experts from Google Inc., Microsoft, and IBM
- Session 5: Overview of the NeVA platform and its modules, presented by the CPMU team
- Session 6: Question & Answer session with Secretary and Additional Secretary of MoPA, addressing stakeholders’ queries and concerns
The National Workshop will conclude with a Valedictory Session, which will be chaired by Sh. Arjun Ram Meghwal, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Law & Justice, and Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Culture. The session will also see the presence of Shri Gudey Srinivas, Secretary, MoPA, and Shri Rajit Punhani, Secretary, Rajya Sabha Secretariat & CEO, Sansad TV.
By organizing this National Workshop, the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs aims to promote the adoption of NeVA across State/UT Legislatures and facilitate the transition to a more efficient and technologically advanced system of conducting legislative business. The workshop serves as a platform for knowledge sharing, experience exchange, and guidance from experts in the field, fostering collaboration among stakeholders and accelerating the implementation of NeVA. Through the concerted efforts of the Ministry, State/UT Legislatures, and participants, the workshop aims to pave the way for a transparent, accountable, and digitally-driven governance framework in the country.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park