ACTCM Barge, LSAM 15
The Indian Navy received the delivery of the first ACTCM Barge, LSAM 15, on June 9, 2023, at the Naval Armament Depot (NAD) in Karanja, Mumbai. The barge was built by M/s Suryadipta Projects Pvt. Ltd., Thane, a Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise (MSME), under the “Aatmanirbhar Bharat” initiative of the Government of India.
More About the News
The barge is designed to carry a variety of ammunition, torpedoes, and missiles, and it will be used to support the operational commitments of the Indian Navy. It has a service life of 30 years and is equipped with all major and auxiliary equipment sourced from indigenous manufacturers.
The delivery of the first Ammunition Cum Torpedo Cum Missile (ACTCM) Barge is a significant milestone for the Indian Navy and for the “Make in India” initiative. It demonstrates the Navy’s commitment to self-reliance and its ability to build complex and sophisticated platforms indigenously.
The induction of ACTCM Barges will provide impetus to the Operational commitments of IN by facilitating the Transportation, Embarkation, and Disembarkation of articles/ ammunition to IN Ships both alongside jetties and at outer harbors.
About ACTCM Barge, LSAM 15
ACTCM Barge, LSAM 15 is an Ammunition Cum Torpedo Cum Missile (ACTCM) Barge that was built by M/s Suryadipta Projects Pvt Ltd, Thane, an MSME, in consonance with “Aatmanirbhar Bharat” initiatives of the Government of India.
- It was launched on February 10, 2023, and was delivered to the Indian Navy on June 9, 2023.
- The barge has been built under the classification rules of the Indian Register of Shipping (IRS) with a service life of 30 years.
- With all major/auxiliary equipment sourced from indigenous manufacturers, the barge is a proud flag bearer of the “Make in India” initiative of the Ministry of Defence.
- The barge is 60 meters long, 15 meters wide, and has a draft of 4 meters.
- It has a displacement of 600 tons and is powered by two 1200-horsepower diesel engines.
- The barge can accommodate a crew of 20 personnel and has the capacity to carry up to 1000 tons of ammunition, torpedoes, and missiles.
Key Features of the ACTCM Barge, LSAM 15:
- It is a self-propelled barge with a service life of 30 years.
- It is built to IRS classification rules.
- It has the capacity to carry up to 1000 tons of ammunition, torpedoes, and missiles.
- It can accommodate a crew of 20 personnel.
- It is powered by two 1200-horsepower diesel engines.
The ACTCM Barge, LSAM 15 is a significant addition to the Indian Navy’s fleet and will play a vital role in supporting its operational commitments.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park