The Swarnima Scheme is a term loan scheme launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment with the objective of providing financial assistance to women entrepreneurs belonging to backward classes. The scheme is designed to empower women by offering them social and financial security through term loans.
It aims to support women in starting their own businesses and becoming self-reliant, thereby contributing to their economic empowerment and overall socio-economic development. Through the Swarnima Scheme, women entrepreneurs can access financial resources to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams and uplift themselves and their communities.
About the Swarnima Scheme
The Swarnima Scheme is a financial assistance scheme launched by the National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC) for women belonging to Backward Classes (BC) to promote their self-employment.
Objectives & Benefits
- The objective of the Swarnima Scheme is to provide financial assistance to women from Backward Classes to set up their own businesses and become self-reliant.
- The scheme provides one-time financial assistance of up to ₹2 lakhs to eligible women.
- Access to market linkages and other resources.
- Eligible beneficiaries are entitled to receive a subsidy amount of ₹2,00,000/- (two lakh rupees) at an interest rate of 5% per annum for self-employment purposes.
- The scheme aims to promote entrepreneurship among women from Backward Classes and to help them to improve their socio-economic status.
The Swarnima Scheme is implemented by the National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC). The NBCFDC is a statutory body under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
- The applicant should be a woman from Backward Classes between 18 and 55 years of age.
- The applicant should have a minimum educational qualification of 10th standard.
- The applicant should have a valid PAN card and an Aadhaar card.
- The applicant should have a business plan that is approved by the NBCFDC.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park