The online rural education initiative called ‘Pahal’ was officially launched by Chief Secretary Durga Shankar Mishra at Government UP Sainik Inter College in Sarojini Nagar. This program is a collaboration between the Department of Secondary Education and IIT Kanpur, with the aim of providing education to rural communities through online platforms.
Phase 1: Free Online Education in Government Secondary Schools
As an initial phase of the program, 10 government secondary schools in Uttar Pradesh will offer free online education as part of the ‘Pahal’ initiative. This step is seen as a positive and promising start for improving education in rural areas.
Focus on Science and Mathematics
The online classes will primarily focus on providing students from rural areas with up-to-date knowledge in the fields of science and mathematics. The launch event marked the implementation of the rural online education program in 10 government schools in Uttar Pradesh.
Expansion Plans: Reaching 40,000 Schools
The aim is to extend this online education service to 40,000 schools across the state in the near future. Chief Secretary Durga Shankar Mishra highlighted the significance of skill, scale, and speed, emphasizing that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has advocated for these principles.
Utilizing Technology for Greater Impact
The approach emphasizes acquiring knowledge, expanding its reach, and benefiting the entire population through the effective use of technology. Mishra emphasized that the goal of reaching a larger audience will only be achievable when the people of the state embrace and utilize technology effectively.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park