In a significant achievement for the security forces, four terrorists were eliminated in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district during the ongoing ‘Operation Trinetra II’. This operation was carried out jointly by the Army and police.
The joint operation was initiated on Monday night in the Sindhara top area of the Surankote belt. It resulted in a firefight between the security forces and the terrorists, ultimately leading to the elimination of all four terrorists. This successful operation is a testament to the dedication and coordination of the security forces in maintaining peace and combating terrorism in the region.
More About the News
- According to a statement from a senior Jammu and Kashmir police official, the gunfight between the security forces and the terrorists resumed around 5 am on Tuesday, resulting in the elimination of four terrorists.
- The White Knight Corps, in a tweet, confirmed the operation named “Operation Trinetra II.” They stated that acting on specific intelligence, a joint operation by the Indian Army and Jammu and Kashmir Police successfully eliminated four terrorists near the Sindarah and Maidana villages in the Surankote tehsil of Poonch district.
- During the operation, four AK-47 rifles, two pistols, and other materials were recovered. The statement also mentioned that the elimination of these terrorists has prevented major terrorist incidents in the Rajouri and Poonch areas.
The search operation is still ongoing as the security forces continue their efforts in the area.
About Operation Trinetra II
In response to the presence of terrorists in the Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, the security forces initiated ‘Operation Trinetra II’ to neutralize them.
- The joint operation involving the Army and police commenced with a search and cordon operation aimed at locating and apprehending the hiding terrorists in the Sindarah and Maidana areas of Surankote tehsil. The operation continued into its second day on Tuesday.
- During the operation, an intense gunfight ensued between the security forces and the hiding terrorists. There were intermittent firing incidents reported from the area, prompting immediate reinforcements to be deployed.
- To ensure the terrorists do not escape, all escape routes were sealed off, and a vigilant watch was maintained throughout the night.
- Additionally, random searches and surprise vehicle checks have been intensified across Poonch to prevent any attempts to smuggle armed terrorists, weapons, or narcotics from across the border.
In a significant development, the security forces successfully thwarted a major infiltration attempt along the Line of Control in the Krishna Ghati Sector of the Poonch district. Two terrorists were neutralized during the operation, which took place on the night of July 16 and 17.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park