Yashasvi Jaiswal, a player for Rajasthan Royals, has set a new record in the IPL 2023 by scoring the fastest 50 in IPL history, achieving this feat in just 13 balls during a match against Kolkata Knight Riders. The previous record for the fastest 50 was held by KL Rahul and Pat Cummins, who both reached 50 in 14 balls while playing for Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders. Although Jaiswal’s 13-ball 50 is the quickest in IPL history, it ranks as the second-fastest 50 in the T20 format. The record for the fastest 50 in T20s is held by former Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh, who achieved it in 12 balls against England in 2007.
- The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a professional Twenty20 cricket league in India.
- It was founded by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007 with the first season taking place in 2008.
- The league currently consists of ten teams representing different Indian cities or states.
- The IPL is considered the world’s most lucrative cricket league and attracts top players from around the world.
- The league is played every year usually between March and May.
- The tournament format includes a group stage followed by playoffs, with the winner being awarded the IPL Trophy and a cash prize.
- This year’s tournament will run from the 31st of March to the 28th of May.
- The Final match will be played on the 28th of May in Ahmedabad.
Fastest 50s in IPL
|1||Yashasvi Jaiswal||13||Rajasthan Royals v Kolkata Knight Riders||Kolkata||11 May 2023|
|2||KL Rahul||14||Kings XI Punjab v Delhi Capitals||Mohali||08 April 2018|
|3||PJ Cummins||14||Kolkata Knight Riders v Mumbai Indians||Pune||06 April 2022|
|4||Yusuf Pathan||15||Kolkata Knight Riders v Sunrisers Hyderabad||Kolkata||24 May 2014|
|5||Sunil Narine||15||Kolkata Knight Riders v Royal Challengers Bangalore||Bengaluru||07 May 2017|
|6||Nicholas Pooran||15||Lucknow Super Giants v Royal Challengers Bangalore||Bengaluru||10 April 2023|
|7||Suresh Raina||16||Chennai Super Kings v Kings XI Punjab||Mumbai||30 May 2014|
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park