According to an order from the Personnel Ministry, Angshumali Rastogi, a senior bureaucrat and a member of the Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers (IRSME), has been appointed as India’s representative to the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in Montreal, Canada. He will be replacing Shefali Juneja and will serve a three-year term in this role.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has given its approval for 12 Appointments to fill various Foreign Posts.
- Angshumali Rastogi as India’s representative to the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in Montreal, Canada.
- Hemang Jani, Secretary of the Capacity Building Commission, was named Senior Adviser to the Executive Director, World Bank, Washington DC, for three years.
- Sai Venkata Ramana Anil Das was appointed as an adviser to the Executive Director, World Bank, Washington DC, replacing Suresh Yadav.
- Anand Singh, a 2000 batch IAS officer, was appointed as Senior Adviser to the Executive Director, International Monetary Fund, Washington DC (USA).
- Jujjavarapu Balaji was appointed as Minister (Agriculture), at the Embassy of India, Rome (Italy).
- Nidhi Mani Tripathi was appointed as Minister (Economic), High Commission of India, London (UK).
- Ponnuraj V was named Senior Adviser to the Executive Director of the Asian Development Bank, Manila (Philippines).
- Debjani Chakrabarti was appointed as Minister (Economic & Commercial), Embassy of India, Tokyo (Japan).
- Venkatesh Palani Samy was appointed as adviser (Agriculture and Marine Products), Embassy of India, Brussels (Belgium).
- Nidhi Srivastava was appointed as First Secretary (Legal), Permanent Mission of India, World Trade Organization, Geneva (Switzerland).
- Vivek Chaudhary was named Counsellor (Economic), Economic Wing, Embassy of India, Washington DC (USA).
- Bhavesh R Trivedi was appointed as Director of the SAARC Secretariat, Kathmandu (Nepal).
About The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) that works to establish international standards and regulations for aviation safety, security, efficiency, and environmental protection.
- It was established in 1944 through the Convention on International Civil Aviation, also known as the Chicago Convention.
- The ICAO promotes the safe and orderly development of international civil aviation and facilitates cooperation among its 193 member countries.
- Its headquarters are located in Montreal, Canada.
- The organization plays a crucial role in the global aviation industry by setting standards and guidelines, coordinating air navigation systems, and fostering collaboration among member states to ensure the safe and sustainable development of civil aviation worldwide.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park