Dr. Deepak Mohanty, the Chairman of the Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority (PFRDA), inaugurated the redesigned website of the National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust). The event was attended by Prof. Manoj Anand and Ms. Mamta Shankar, Whole Time Members of PFRDA, as well as Shri Suraj Bhan, Chairman of NPS Trust. The revamped website aims to provide enhanced user experience and accessibility for individuals seeking information and services related to the National Pension System.
More About the New Website
The newly launched website, available at https://npstrust.org.in, represents a significant step in NPS Trust’s commitment to improving user experience and providing seamless access to information about the National Pension System (NPS) and Atal Pension Yojana (APY). The website boasts a modern and user-friendly design, suitable for both desktop and mobile devices. It offers several new features and enhancements to cater to the needs of its users.
Key Highlights of the Website
- Streamlined navigation and menu structure
- Structured Information
- Enhanced online services with new features
- Enhanced user experience
- Improved search functionality
New Features of the Website
- The landing page of the new website offers three important tabs for subscriber convenience: “Open NPS Account,” “Plan your retirement” (pension calculator), and “View my NPS holdings.”
- On the homepage, subscribers can easily view scheme returns through simple and understandable graphical representation.
- The menu structure is organized into six categories for both NPS and APY: Features and Benefits, Online Services, Returns and Charts, NPS Calculator, Grievances, and Exit.
- Under online services, subscribers can access their NPS holdings by authenticating their PRAN, Date of Birth, and OTP.
- The view of NPS Architecture is improved, providing all details of the intermediary, including functions and contact details, at the click of a button.
- Additionally, the website is available in Hindi to cater to a wider audience.
NPS Trust remains committed to enhancing its services and digital initiatives to offer the best experience to its stakeholders.
About National Pension System Trust
The National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) is a trust set up by the Government of India in 2004 to administer the National Pension System (NPS). The NPS is a voluntary, defined contribution pension scheme that is open to all citizens of India.
The NPS Trust is governed by a board of trustees, which is headed by the chairman of the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA). The board of trustees is responsible for the overall management of the NPS Trust, including the investment of pension funds.
The NPS Trust has three Pension Funds
- Equity Fund: This fund invests in equities.
- Debt Fund: This fund invests in debt securities.
- Hybrid Fund: This fund invests in a mix of equities and debt securities.
The NPS Trust also has two Pension Accounts
- Tier I Account: This account is mandatory for all NPS subscribers. The money in this account cannot be withdrawn before the age of 60.
- Tier II Account: This account is optional for NPS subscribers. The money in this account can be withdrawn at any time.
The NPS Trust is a secure and transparent pension scheme that offers a variety of investment options. The NPS Trust is a good option for those who are looking for a long-term pension plan.
Key Features of the NPS Trust
- Voluntary: The NPS is a voluntary pension scheme. You can join the NPS if you want to.
- Defined contribution: The NPS is a defined contribution pension scheme. This means that the amount of pension you will receive will depend on the contributions you make and the investment returns.
- Portability: The NPS is portable. This means that you can transfer your NPS account from one pension fund to another.
- Government guarantee: The Government of India guarantees the minimum pension that you will receive under the NPS.
If you are interested in joining the NPS, you can visit the website of the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) to learn more. You can also open an NPS account through a bank or a financial institution that is registered with the PFRDA.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
What is NPS Trust?
NPS Trust is a trust set up by the Government of India in 2004 to administer the National Pension System (NPS). The NPS is a voluntary, defined contribution pension scheme that is open to all citizens of India.
How do I join the NPS?
You can join the NPS by opening an account with a bank or a financial institution that is registered with the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA). You can also open an account online through the PFRDA website.
How much do I need to contribute to the NPS?
The minimum contribution to the NPS is 6% of your salary. The maximum contribution is 100% of your salary. You can contribute more than 100% of your salary, but you will not get any tax benefits for the excess contribution.