The ‘SemiconIndia 2023’ exhibition commenced today in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The event was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shri Bhupendrabhai Patel, along with the presence of Union Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Electronics & IT, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar.
More About the Exhibition
The second edition of Semicon India 2023 has begun, organized by India Semiconductor Mission with the cooperation of industry and industry associations, under the guidance of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The event, taking place from 25th to 30th July, will highlight India’s progress in becoming a global leader in Semiconductor Design, Manufacturing, and Technology Development, in line with India Semiconductor Mission’s vision.
- The exhibition boasts an impressive lineup of 150 stalls, representing 80 leading companies, to showcase their latest innovations and products. These diverse companies cover the entire spectrum of semiconductors, including supply chain, global Integrated Device Manufacturers, and domestic industry majors.
- In addition to the established companies, the event will also feature 25 startups, providing them with a platform to showcase their cutting-edge innovations and connect with industry leaders. This opportunity will foster collaboration and growth for these emerging players in the semiconductor industry.
About SemiconIndia 2023
The ‘SemiconIndia 2023’ is being organized by India Semiconductor Mission in partnership with industry and industry associations under the visionary leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi with the aim to make India a global hub for Semiconductor Design, Manufacturing, and Technology Development which will help propel the vision of India Semiconductor Mission.
- SemiconIndia 2023 is set to feature major semiconductor giants like Micron Technology and Applied Materials, showcasing their substantial investments in India’s semiconductor ecosystem. Micron Technology has pledged $825 million for a semiconductor assembly and test plant in Gujarat, while Applied Materials has committed $400 million for their Engineering Collaborative Centre.
- The event will see participation from 23 countries and various states, with stalls from Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat, highlighting the collective support of state governments in promoting the growth of the semiconductor industry.
- Leading institutions like SCL, ISRO, and the Space Application Centre will also showcase their contributions, while prestigious educational institutes like IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, BITS Pilani, Ganpat University, and Nirma University will actively participate, showcasing academia’s significant role in driving India’s semiconductor advancements.
- The Conference will be inaugurated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi on 28th July 2023 at 10:30 AM.
SemiconIndia 2023 reflects India’s strong dedication to building a robust semiconductor ecosystem. With its extensive scope and innovative showcases, the exhibition proudly displays India’s potential as a burgeoning global hub for semiconductor excellence.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
Who is organizing SemiconIndia 2023?
SemiconIndia 2023 is being organized by the India Semiconductor Mission (ISM), a government-led initiative to promote the growth of the semiconductor industry in India.
What is India Semiconductor Mission?
The India Semiconductor Mission (ISM) is a government-led initiative to promote the growth of the semiconductor industry in India. The mission was launched in December 2021 by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
What are the objectives of the India Semiconductor Mission?
The objectives of ISM are to:
Attract investment in semiconductor manufacturing in India.
Develop the ecosystem for semiconductor design and manufacturing in India.
Promote innovation in the semiconductor industry in India.
Make India a global hub for semiconductor design and manufacturing.