The construction of the Hare Krishna Heritage Tower in Hyderabad was inaugurated by Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR). The tower will be built on six acres of land at Goshpada Kshetra in Narsingi and will cost Rs 200 crore. It will stand 400 feet tall and will include the temples of Sri Sri Radha Krishna and Sri Venkateswara Swamy.
More About the Hare Krishna Heritage Tower
- The Hare Krishna Movement (HKM) Hyderabad held the Bhumi Puja and Shanku Sthapana ceremony for the Hare Krishna Heritage Tower on May 8.
- The state government announced a Rs 25 crore donation for the construction of the temple and supports organizations that promote peace and spirituality.
- The Hare Krishna Heritage Tower will be constructed using cutting-edge technology with the skill of the Kakatiyas to preserve the historical and cultural heritage of Telangana.
- The temple complex will have a grand temple hall to house the deities of Sri Radha and Krishna along with the eight gopis known as Ashtasakhis.
- There will be a traditional stone-carved temple dedicated to Sri Srinivasa Govinda, inspired by the world-renowned Sri Venkateshwara Swamy shrine in Tirumala.
- The project will draw architectural elements from Kakatiya, Chalukya, Dravidian, and other ancient styles.
- Accommodation facilities for 1,500 devotees will be available at the tower.
- The tower will have a free Annadanam hall (mass feeding facility), where 500 visiting devotees will be served food at one time.
- The tower will be another cultural landmark for Hyderabad and highlight the Telangana heritage in the form of Kakatiya architectural elements.
- The temple complex will have various facilities like a library, auditorium, open-air theatres, lecture halls, guest rooms, and Q complex.
- Advanced laser shows will be arranged to educate youth about Lord Krishna’s history and teachings.
- Telangana Chief Minister KCR emphasized that temples are community centers that connect people of all religions and promote peace and spirituality.
- He added that religious ignorance and fanaticism pose a threat to society, and there is no place for violence in any religion.
- KCR praised Hare Krishna’s support to the Telangana government, citing their efforts to supply meals to school children and provide food for the poor in Hyderabad through the Akshaya Patra and Annapoorna programs.
Hare Krishna Movement
- International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), also known Hare Krishna Movement is a spiritual movement that originated in the Gaudiya Vaishnavism tradition of Hinduism.
- It was founded by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada in 1966 in New York City.
- The movement’s devotees are known for their distinctive dress and practices, such as chanting the Hare Krishna mantra and offering vegetarian food to others as an act of devotion.
- “Hare Krishna” is a phrase commonly used in the practice of Krishna consciousness. It is a Sanskrit phrase that translates to “O Lord, O energy of the Lord (Hare), please engage me in Your loving service.” The phrase is chanted as a form of devotional worship and meditation, believed to bring one closer to Krishna, the Supreme Being in Hinduism.
- The movement emphasizes the importance of devotion and service to Krishna, who is considered the supreme personality of the Godhead in the Vaishnava tradition.
- The Hare Krishna Movement has centers and devotees all over the world and is dedicated to spreading the message of Krishna consciousness and spiritual upliftment.
- Telangana is a state located in southern India.
- It was officially formed on June 2, 2014, after the passing of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act in Parliament.
- It is bordered by the states of Maharashtra to the north, Chhattisgarh to the northeast, Karnataka to the west, and Andhra Pradesh to the south and east.
- The state has a population of over 39 million people and its capital city is Hyderabad, which is also the largest city in the state.
- Telugu is the official language of Telangana, and the state has a diverse cultural heritage with influences from the Nizam culture, the Telugu language, and various religions.
- Telangana is known for its rich history, landmarks, and cuisine.
- Some of the popular tourist destinations in Telangana include the historic city of Hyderabad, the Charminar Monument, the Golconda Fort, the Ramoji Film City, the Thousand Pillar Temple, and the Warangal Fort.
- The state is also known for its delicious biryani.
- Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan (Since September 2019)
- Chief Minister – K. Chandrashekar Rao (Since the formation of the State on 2nd June 2014)
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park