Dominic Raab, the British Deputy Prime Minister, has resigned from his job following an independent review by attorney Adam Tolley that looked into more than a dozen accusations against him. The 48-page study concluded that Raab intimidated his employees with his behaviour. In two of the three sets of complaints, Tolley found that Raab’s actions were intimidating.
UK Deputy Dominic Raab Resigns – His Apology & Criticism
Dominic Raab has defended his behaviour and apologised for any inadvertent stress or offence he may have caused while denying ever yelling or screaming at authorities. Furthermore, he criticised the inquiry’s “dangerously low threshold for bullying,” saying that it would promote baseless claims against ministers and have a chilling effect on those enforcing change on the government’s behalf.
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak responded to Raab’s departure by expressing his regret and admitting mistakes in the way the first handling of Raab-related news went. Oliver Dowden who has great experience and knowledge has been named the next deputy prime minister after the allegation and resignation of Raab. Oliver Dowden is a close friend of Rishi Sunak.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park