Shri Uttam Lal NHPC
Shri Uttam Lal has recently assumed the role of Director (Personnel) at NHPC Limited, which is a leading hydropower company in India.
About Shri Uttam Lal
- Before joining NHPC, Shri Lal held the position of Chief General Manager (HR-CSR/R&R/LA) at NTPC Limited.
- With a career spanning over 35 years, he has garnered extensive experience in Personnel Management, Industrial Relations, and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Shri Lal is well-regarded for his expertise in the power sector and is known for his ability to leverage human resource potential to support the organization’s objectives and vision.
His appointment as Director (Personnel) at NHPC signifies his commitment to further contribute to the development and success of the company in the field of human resources and related areas.
- In addition to his professional experience, Shri Uttam Lal holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations from Xavier Institute of Social Sciences (Ranchi).
- He has also obtained an LLB degree from Ranchi University, further enhancing his knowledge and skills in the field of personnel management and industrial relations.
These educational qualifications provide him with a strong foundation in understanding the dynamics of human resources and legal aspects related to personnel management. Combined with his extensive experience, they contribute to his ability to effectively handle the complexities of his role as Director (Personnel) at NHPC Limited.
About NHPC Limited
NHPC Limited (erstwhile National Hydroelectric Power Corporation ) is an Indian government hydropower board under the ownership of the Ministry of Power, that was incorporated in the year 1975 with an authorized capital of ₹2,000 million and with an objective to plan, promote and organize an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects. Recently it has expanded to include other sources of energy like Solar, Geothermal, Tidal, Wind, etc.
- At present, NHPC is a Mini Ratna Category-I Enterprise of the Govt. of India with an authorized share capital of ₹150,000 Million.
- With an investment base of over ₹387,180 Million Approx., NHPC is among the top ten companies in the country in terms of investment.
- Baira Suil Power station in [Salooni] Tehsil of Chamba district was the first project undertaken by NHPC.
- On 7 September 2022, the world’s largest institutional investor the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global divested from NHPC due to the “unacceptable risk that NHPC contributes to severe environmental damage”.
- NHPC has a portfolio of 63 hydroelectric projects, with an installed capacity of 5,734 MW. The company also has a number of solar and wind power projects under development.
- NHPC’s major markets are India, Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh. The company exports power to Nepal and Bhutan.
- NHPC is a profitable company. The company’s net profit for the financial year 2022-23 was ₹3,834 crore. NHPC has declared a dividend of ₹0.45 per share for the financial year 2022-23.
NHPC is a major player in the Indian power sector. The company’s projects contribute to the country’s energy security and help to reduce its dependence on imported oil. NHPC is also a major employer in India, with over 10,000 employees.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park