World Badminton Day is celebrated annually on 5 July to mark the founding of the International Badminton Federation (now BWF) on this date in 1934. The day is a chance for badminton fans around the world to come together and celebrate the sport.
World Badminton Day is a special day where people from all around the world come together to have fun playing badminton. There are many exciting events happening during this time, and everyone is invited to join in. It doesn’t matter how big or small the event is, what’s important is that we celebrate and promote the love for badminton together. It’s a day to enjoy the sport, be active, and make new friends while playing this engaging game. Let’s all be a part of this global celebration of badminton!
World Badminton Day Theme 2023
The theme of World Badminton Day 2023 is “Badminton for All.” This theme reflects the sport’s commitment to inclusivity and accessibility. Badminton is a sport that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. It is a great way to get fit, have fun, and meet new people.
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) is encouraging everyone to get involved in World Badminton Day 2023 and help to spread the message of badminton for all.
History of World Badminton Day
World Badminton Day is celebrated annually on 5 July to mark the founding of the International Badminton Federation (now BWF) on this date in 1934. The day was first celebrated in 2022, and it has since grown into a global event with events and activities taking place in over 60 countries.
The BWF has stated that the purpose of World Badminton Day is to “celebrate the sport of badminton and its many benefits, and to promote the sport to a wider audience.” The day is also seen as an opportunity to bring people together from all walks of life and to celebrate the diversity of the badminton community.
About World Badminton Federation (WBF)
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) is the international governing body for the sport of badminton.
- It was founded in 1934 as the International Badminton Federation (IBF) with nine founding member associations.
- The BWF is a federation of 196 members.
- The BWF’s headquarters are in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The current president of the BWF is Poul-Erik Høyer Larsen.
- The BWF’s mission is to “develop badminton as a leading global sport for all.”
- The BWF’s vision is to “be the most respected and inclusive sports organization in the world.”
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park