The goal of World Malaria Day, which is observed annually, is to increase public awareness of the risky condition known as malaria. The World Health Organisation (WHO) plays a crucial role in putting effective disease-fighting strategies into action.
However, as money is essential for tackling the problem, sufficient resources must be made accessible. This year, eliminating malaria cases and protecting people who are vulnerable are the main priorities.
World Malaria Day 2023 – Theme
“Time to deliver zero malaria: invest, innovate, implement” will be the focus of this year’s World Malaria Day in 2023, according to the UN agency WHO. This subject aims to raise awareness of the urgent need to employ the effective tools and methods that are now available, particularly for those who are unable to access them in the Western Pacific region.
World Malaria Day 2023 – Challenges Faced
Due to its prevalence in secluded and difficult-to-reach areas, eliminating malaria in the Western Pacific region continues to be a difficult task. Around 90% of instances of malaria take place in Africa.
In certain places, 70% of malaria deaths are reportedly due to delayed treatment, with Plasmodium falciparum being the most widespread type. Furthermore, it is extremely difficult logistically to provide medical care to isolated populations in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.
The WHO is working with nations and regions in the Western Pacific to create and put into action strong strategies to address these concerns. These include diagnosing and treating fever, administering medications selectively, and responding quickly to any occurrences of malaria. Through all-encompassing and long-lasting actions, malaria will be completely eradicated in the area.
World Malaria Day 2023 – Awareness
The following physical characteristics can be checked for malaria:
- Vomiting or Distaste
- Abdominal Pain
- Muscle/ Joint/ Body Pain
- Dry Cough
The factors linked to malaria infection include the ones listed below:
- Geographical Area
- Socio-Economic statuses like poverty or poor living conditions
- Environmental Changes
World Malaria Day 2023 – Precautions
Some venerable holy herbs can be quite effective in treating malaria symptoms. These natural herbs have the following names and are capable of calming your body:
- Krishna Musali
Visit a qualified doctor right away for relief if the symptoms linger and the patient’s health deteriorates. Among the most popular antimalarial medications are:
- Primaquine phosphate
- Atovaquone-proguanil (Malarone)
- Quinine sulfate (Qualaquin) with doxycycline (Oracea, Vibramycin, others)
Everyone can take certain precautions to avoid contracting this dreadful illness. To find out, read on.
- Cover your beds with mosquito nets
- Apply mosquito repellent
- Neem and Coconut Oils
- Cover your skin by wearing long pants and full sleeve tops
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park