On August 1, the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) and All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (AIIMS) joined hands by signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The purpose of this collaboration is to conduct a technical assessment of the AIIMS New Delhi campus for the potential conversion to a solar-powered campus. Through this initiative, they aim to explore and implement the use of solar energy to meet the energy requirements of the AIIMS campus, promoting sustainable and renewable energy sources.
More About the News
The MoU was signed at AIIMS, New Delhi, by the Chairman & Managing Director of IREDA, Shri Pradip Kumar Das, and AIIMS Director Dr. M Srinivas, in the presence of senior officials from both organizations.
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between IREDA and AIIMS outlines the collaborative efforts to assess the technical and commercial feasibility of converting the AIIMS New Delhi campus to a solar-powered facility.
- IREDA will conduct various assessments, including financial modeling, pre-feasibility studies, and the preparation of a detailed project report.
- Additionally, they will analyze technical and commercial aspects related to project development, finalize contracting arrangements, and define performance indicators.
- Through this partnership, AIIMS aims to significantly reduce its electricity costs and environmental impact by adopting solar power solutions with the expertise and support of IREDA.
Indeed, the collaboration between IREDA and AIIMS sets a commendable example for promoting clean and sustainable practices in the country. By exploring solar energy solutions, they not only aim to reduce their carbon footprint but also to generate economic savings through clean and renewable sources of energy.
This joint effort holds the potential to inspire other institutions and organizations to adopt similar eco-friendly initiatives and contribute to a healthier environment for future generations. By spreading awareness about the importance of renewable energy and decarbonization, this significant initiative can play a vital role in advancing India’s journey towards a greener and more sustainable future.
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) is a non-profit, public sector enterprise under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India. It was established in 1987 with the objective of promoting the development and use of renewable energy technologies in India.
IREDA has a wide range of activities, including:
- Financing renewable energy projects
- Providing technical assistance to renewable energy developers
- Promoting research and development in renewable energy technologies
- Disseminating information about renewable energy technologies
IREDA has financed over 2,000 renewable energy projects, with a total project cost of over ₹1 trillion. These projects have helped to generate over 10,000 megawatts of renewable energy capacity.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
What is IREDA?
IREDA stands for Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited. It is a non-profit, public sector enterprise under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India. It was established in 1987 with the objective of promoting the development and use of renewable energy technologies in India.
What is AIIMS?
AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Sciences. It is a group of premier medical colleges and hospitals in India. AIIMS was established by the Government of India in 1956 with the objective of providing high-quality medical education and healthcare to the people of India.