The Animal Birth Control Rules 2023 were released by the central government on April 20, 2023. The Supreme Court’s recommendations in a writ petition involving the Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) and the People for Elimination of Stray Troubles were taken into consideration when developing these regulations. In its orders, the Supreme Court has emphasised several times that dogs cannot be transported.
Animal Birth Control Rules 2023
According to the recently released Animal Birth Control Rules, local organisations such as municipalities, panchayats, and municipal corporations are in charge of implementing the program’s sterilisation and vaccination of stray dogs. The number of stray dogs can be reduced and animal welfare can be enhanced with the proper use of these regulations.
Municipal corporations must also cooperatively implement anti-rabies and animal birth control programmes. The laws also include instructions for how to resolve disputes between stray dogs and people without moving the pets. The Animal Birth Control programme must be carried out by organisations approved by the AWBI for this purpose, which is one of the conditions stated in the guidelines.
The AWBI website, which will be regularly updated, will provide a list of these organisations. All State Chief Secretaries, the Principal Secretaries of the Animal Husbandry Department, and the Principal Secretaries of the Urban Development Department have already received letters from the Central Government.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
Animal Birth Control Rules 2023 – FAQs
Q1: What is Animal Birth Control Rule in India?
Q2: What is Animal Birth Control Program?
Q3: What are the benefits of the Animal Birth Control Program?
1) The population will be able to stabilise since there won’t be any new puppies born, due to the animal birth control scheme.
2) The risk of getting the disease is eliminated with rabies vaccination. Additionally, man-dog conflict is decreased.
3) Female dogs won’t be aggressive and will remain healthy if there is no litter to guard.