Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has made an announcement regarding the welfare of Padma awardees from the state. The chief minister has stated that Padma awardees will receive a monthly pension of ₹10,000. Additionally, they will be provided with a free travel facility in the state government’s ‘Volvo bus service’. These measures aim to recognize the achievements and contributions of Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Vibhushan awardees from Haryana. The government of Haryana has implemented various welfare policies to improve the quality of life for the people of the state.
More About the News
- During his visit to Karnal, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar made the announcement regarding the monthly pension and free travel facility for Padma awardees from Haryana, according to an official statement.
- Khattar also emphasized that the government has been working on formulating various welfare policies to improve the lives of the people in the state.
- He highlighted the direct benefit transfer system, through which the assistance amount under different schemes is directly credited to the beneficiaries’ accounts, ensuring more efficient and transparent delivery of benefits.
Other Initiatives started by the Haryana Government
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar highlighted that the state government is providing health insurance benefits of up to ₹5 lakhs to families with an annual income of up to ₹1.80 lakhs.
- Furthermore, the government is considering extending the scheme to include families with an annual income between ₹1.80 lakhs and ₹3 lakhs, with a nominal premium amount, in order to provide them with the same benefit.
- He also mentioned the successful implementation of the Parivar Pehchan Patra (Family ID Card) scheme, which has resulted in the creation of 12.5 lahks new Below Poverty Line (BPL) ration cards in the state.
- The chief minister emphasized that the present government’s merit-based job system has been well-received by the people, as it brings transparency and eliminates the previous “parchi-kharchi” (favoritism-bribery) system.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
When was Haryana state formed?
What are Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Vibhushan awards?
Padma Shri is the lowest-ranking of the three awards, but it is still a highly prestigious honor. It is awarded to individuals who have made “distinguished service” in their chosen field.
Padma Bhushan is the middle-ranking award. It is awarded to individuals who have made “distinguished service of a high order” in their chosen field.
Padma Vibhushan is the highest-ranking award. It is awarded to individuals who have made “exceptional and distinguished service” in their chosen field.