The Indian Army contingent is currently taking part in the Multinational Peacekeeping Joint Exercise called ‘Ex Khaan Quest 2023’ in Mongolia. The exercise is scheduled to occur from June 19 to July 2, 2023.
About the ‘Ex Khaan Quest 2023’ Multinational Peacekeeping Joint Exercise
A Multinational Peacekeeping Joint Exercise called “Ex Khaan Quest 2023” has commenced in Mongolia with the participation of military contingents and observers from more than 20 countries.
- The opening ceremony was inaugurated by Mr. Ukhnaagiin Khurelsukh, the President of Mongolia, at the exercise location.
- The exercise is jointly sponsored by the Mongolian Armed Forces (MAF) and the United States Army Pacific Command (USARPAC).
Aim of the Exercise
- This 14-day exercise aims to enhance interoperability among the participating nations, promote the sharing of experiences, and provide training for uniformed personnel involved in United Nations Peacekeeping Operations (UNPKO).
- The exercise will prepare the participants for future UN Peacekeeping missions, strengthen their peacekeeping capabilities, and enhance military readiness.
- The activities of the exercise include Command Post Exercises (CPX), Field Training Exercises (FTX), combat discussions, lectures, and demonstrations.
- The military exercise will contribute to the advancement of defense cooperation between the Indian Army and the participating countries, particularly the Mongolian Armed Forces.
Participation by Indian Army
- The Indian Army is represented by a contingent from the GARHWAL RIFLES.
- India’s participation reflects its strong dedication to international peace and security.
- By actively engaging in the exercise, India aims to reaffirm its commitment to promoting peace and stability on a global scale.
- Additionally, India seeks to strengthen its defense cooperation with the participating countries, fostering mutual trust, collaboration, and shared understanding.
- This participation underscores India’s role as a responsible and active contributor to international peacekeeping efforts.
- It will further strengthen bilateral relations between India and Mongolia.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park