The Indian Navy has introduced the second edition of “G20 THINQ,” known as The Indian Navy Quiz. This exciting quiz is organized in collaboration with the G20 Secretariat, the Indian Navy, and the Navy Welfare and Wellness Association (NWWA). It’s a national and international competition that brings together young people from various regions and places, allowing them to make new friends with a sense of unity and global harmony, represented by the belief “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” – World is One Family. School children in Classes IX to XII and their equivalents can participate, making it a unique and rewarding experience for all!
About G20 THINQ
Following the great success of THINQ-22, which saw the participation of 6,425 schools nationwide last year, the G20 THINQ quiz is now going international. Aligned with the vision of the Hon’ble Prime Minister for India‘s Presidency of the G20 – “One Earth, One Family, One Future” – it aims to showcase our national heritage, culture, and values.
- The quiz consists of two levels: the National Round and the International Round.
- Over 10,000 schools from across the country are expected to participate in the National Round.
- After multiple online rounds, sixteen schools will be chosen for the semi-finals to be held in Mumbai on 16th November 2023. The top eight teams will compete for the national title in the finals at the iconic Gateway of India on 18th November 2023. A distinguished jury will select the Indian team for the International Round, consisting of two main quizzers and one standby.
- Additionally, all sixteen semi-finalist teams will have the unique opportunity to visit the Naval Dockyard and interact with naval personnel onboard ships and submarines, adding an enriching experience to the competition.
- The International Round of the G20 THINQ quiz is going to be truly global, with participants from G20 (+09) nations. Each country will nominate a team of two students from Classes IX to XII to represent them. The quiz will be conducted in English and will meet international standards.
- Out of the participating countries, eleven international teams will be selected to compete in the international finals alongside the Indian team. The grand event will take place on 22nd November 2023 at the iconic India Gate.
- Beyond the quiz, the organizers have planned a series of post-event activities to promote cultural understanding and create a sense of goodwill among the participants. These activities aim to leave the students with cherished memories and foster lasting friendships across borders.
G20 THINQ is a fantastic opportunity for young minds to connect and build bridges of friendship on a global platform.
Objectives of G20 THINQ
- To promote awareness about the Indian Navy and its role in national security.
- To encourage young minds to develop their knowledge and skills in the areas of current affairs, history, and general knowledge.
- To foster a sense of national pride and patriotism among the youth.
- To provide a platform for young minds from across the country to compete and showcase their talent.
- To promote international cooperation and understanding among the youth of the G20 countries.
What is G20?
The G20, or Group of Twenty, is an international forum consisting of 19 countries and the European Union. It brings together the world’s major economies to discuss and coordinate global economic issues. The members of the G20 represent around 80% of the world’s GDP and two-thirds of the global population.
The G20 was established in 1999 to provide a platform for Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors to discuss global economic and financial matters, especially after the Asian financial crisis. It later evolved into a forum for Heads of State and Government in response to the 2007 global economic crisis, becoming the main forum for international economic cooperation.
The G20 holds an annual Summit, led by a rotating Presidency. Initially, it primarily focused on macroeconomic issues, but over time, its agenda has expanded to cover a wide range of topics. This includes trade, sustainable development, health, agriculture, energy, environment, climate change, and anti-corruption.
The primary objective of the G20 is to promote global economic growth, financial stability, and sustainable development. The forum provides a platform for leaders to address key challenges facing the global economy, such as trade, investment, employment, and climate change. Discussions within the G20 cover a wide range of topics, including macroeconomic policies, financial regulation, energy, and development.
The G20 holds annual summits where heads of state and government from member countries gather to engage in high-level discussions and make joint decisions on policy matters. Additionally, there are meetings at the ministerial and working group levels throughout the year to focus on specific issues and prepare recommendations for the leaders.
The G20 operates on the principle of consensus, aiming to achieve cooperation and coordination among member countries to address global economic challenges effectively. It also collaborates with international organizations, such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank, to leverage their expertise and support the implementation of agreed-upon policies.
India’s G20 Presidency 2023
The New Delhi Leaders’ Summit, scheduled for September 9-10, 2023, will mark the 18th G20 Heads of State and Government Summit. This summit serves as the culmination of various G20 processes and meetings that have taken place throughout the year, involving ministers, senior officials, and civil societies.
During the New Delhi Summit, the G20 Leaders will adopt a declaration that reflects their commitment to the priorities discussed and agreed upon during ministerial and working group meetings. This declaration, known as the G20 Leaders’ Declaration, will serve as a testament to the Leaders’ dedication toward the agreed-upon goals and initiatives.
Special Invitees this Year
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
G20 THINQ – FAQs
Who can participate in G20 THINQ?
What are the prizes for the winners of G20 THINQ?
The winning team will be awarded a trophy and a cash prize of ₹1,00,000.
The runner-up team will be awarded a trophy and a cash prize of ₹50,000.
The top 10 teams from the National Round will be awarded certificates of participation.