The Gruha Jyothi Scheme is a government of Karnataka scheme that provides free electricity of up to 200 units per month to eligible households. The scheme was launched in June 2023 by the Chief Minister of Karnataka, Siddaramaiah.
The scheme is also called as “Karnataka Free Electricity Scheme”.
- They must be permanent residents of Karnataka.
- They must be a residential household.
- They must have a monthly electricity consumption of less than 200 units.
- They must not have any outstanding dues to the electricity board.
Households that meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the Gruha Jyothi Scheme online or offline. The online application process can be found on the website of the Karnataka Electricity Board. The offline application process can be found at the nearest electricity office.
Once an application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the electricity board. If the application is approved, the household will be provided with a free electricity connection for up to 200 units per month.
The Gruha Jyothi Scheme is a welcome initiative by the government of Karnataka. It will help to reduce the financial burden on low-income households and improve their quality of life.
- It will help to reduce the financial burden on low-income households.
- It will improve the quality of life of low-income households.
- It will promote energy conservation.
- It will help to reduce pollution.
The Gruha Jyothi Scheme is a positive initiative by the government of Karnataka. It is a step in the right direction to improve the lives of low-income households.
Key Features of the Scheme
- The Gruha Jyothi Scheme aims to address the housing challenges faced by the urban poor who have limited access to affordable homes.
- This scheme is anticipated to have a transformative impact on the lives of these families, elevating their living standards.
- To facilitate the implementation of the Gruha Jyothi Scheme, the Karnataka Government has allocated a budget of ₹2,288 crores.
- Through this initiative, the Karnataka Government seeks to alleviate the housing shortage in urban areas of the state.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park