Julley Ladakh Program
To enhance awareness and foster engagement with the local community in Ladakh, the Indian Navy is organizing an outreach program called “Julley Ladakh” (Hello Ladakh). This initiative aims to create a better understanding of the Indian Navy’s role and connect with the youth and civil society in the region. As part of this endeavor, a 5000km Motorcycle Expedition was launched from the National War Memorial on 15th June 2023, with Vice Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh, Vice Chief of Naval Staff, flagging off the event.
This outreach program follows the successful efforts of the Indian Navy in the North East region and the Sam No Varunah car expedition, where they engaged with citizens in coastal states. By undertaking such initiatives, the Indian Navy seeks to strengthen its relationship with communities across the country and promote awareness of its services.
More About the “Julley Ladakh” Programme
- The outreach activities planned for Ladakh include a Motorcycle Expedition, a band concert, a Medical Camp, and a Football Match between the Navy and the Ladakh Football Club.
- The Motorcycle Expedition is in collaboration with M/s TVS Motors, a renowned manufacturer of two and three-wheelers. The expedition aims to cover a significant part of Ladakh using TVS Apache RTR and RR 310 motorcycles.
- The first phase of the expedition began on 15 Jun from New Delhi and will conclude in Leh on 28 Jun, passing through Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, and Jammu & Kashmir.
- A group of 35 Indian Navy personnel, including officers, sailors, and family members, are participating in this Motorcycle Expedition.
- They will travel approximately 5000 km, navigating through remote areas and challenging terrains of Ladakh.
- Along the way, they will engage with students from schools and colleges and pay respects to the courageous individuals at the Kargil War Memorial and the 1962 battle site of Rezang La.
Main Objectives of this Motor Cycle Expedition
- Celebrate Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav: The program seeks to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Indian Independence, honoring the historic milestone and celebrating the spirit of freedom.
- Conduct Awareness Drives: The Indian Navy will organize awareness sessions at schools and colleges in the Ladakh region to educate students about the various career opportunities available in the Navy, including the Agnipath Scheme, which provides entry to the Armed Forces for candidates from remote areas.
- Motivate Youth: The Navy intends to inspire and encourage young individuals to consider joining the Indian Navy by showcasing the diverse and rewarding career paths it offers.
- Showcase Nari Shakti: In line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi‘s initiative, the program will highlight the strength and contribution of women officers and their spouses within the Indian Navy, emphasizing their role in the organization.
- Interact with Naval Veterans and Veer Naris: The program will provide an opportunity for the Navy to engage with and pay tribute to naval veterans and Veer Naris (war widows) in the Ladakh region, acknowledging their sacrifice and contributions.
During the flag-off ceremony, VAdm SJ Singh, Vice Chief of the Naval Staff, expressed the Navy’s support for adventure activities. He highlighted the importance of such activities in motivating personnel to excel and fostering teamwork and camaraderie. He commended the Sea Riders for their expedition, which aims to raise awareness about the Navy and promote maritime consciousness.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park