During his first visit to Papua New Guinea, Prime Minister Narendra Modi hosted a significant summit between India and 14 Pacific island countries, aimed at strengthening bilateral relations. This visit was notable as Prime Minister Modi received the highest honors from both Papua New Guinea and Fiji, an unprecedented recognition for a non-resident in these two Pacific island nations.
In Fiji, he was awarded the Companion of the Order of Fiji by Sitiveni Rabuka, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Fiji. Similarly, in Papua New Guinea, Governor-General Sir Bob Dadae conferred the Grand Companion of the Order of Logohu (GCL) to PM Modi, recognizing his efforts in promoting unity among Pacific Island countries and advocating for the Global South.
PM Modi acknowledged the people of India and the generations of the Fiji-Indian community for their significant contribution to strengthening the special and lasting bond between India and Fiji, as he received the prestigious accolade.
Previous International Awards conferred by Countries on PM Narendra Modi
- Order of Abdulaziz Al Saud (the highest honor of Saudi Arabia awarded to non-muslim dignitaries) –2016
- State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan (highest civilian honor of Afghanistan) –2016
- Grand Collar of the State of Palestine Award (the highest honor of Palestine awarded to foreign dignitaries) –2018
- Order of Zayed Award (highest civilian honor of the United Arab Emirates) –2019
- Order of St. Andrew Award (highest civilian honor of Russia) –2019
- Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddin (the highest honor of the Maldives awarded to foreign dignitaries) –2019
- King Hamad Order of the Renaissance (this Bahrain Order – First Class is a top honor by the Gulf country) –2019
- Legion of Merit by the US Government (award of the United States Armed Forces that is given for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements)–2020
- Order of the Druk Gyalpo: Bhutan honored PM Modi with the highest civilian decoration, the Order of the Druk Gyalpo in December 2021.
Awards Conferred by Organisations/Foundations
- Seoul Peace Prize (awarded biennially to those individuals by Seoul Peace Prize Cultural Foundation who have made their mark through contributions to the harmony of mankind, reconciliation between nations, and world peace) –2018
- Champions of The Earth Award (UN’s highest environmental honor) –2018
- Global Goalkeeper Award by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan –2019
- Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award by the Cambridge Energy Research Associates CERA (award recognizes the commitment of leadership towards the future of global energy and environment) –2021
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park