Odisha’s Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has given the green light to the Mission Shakti Scooter Yojana, a scheme designed to provide interest subvention on bank loans up to ₹1,00,000 to beneficiaries. The objective is to enable them to purchase a scooter, facilitating their mobility and empowering women across the state.
Mission Shakti Scooter Yojana: Empowering Mission Shakti Federation Leaders and Community Support Staff
The Mission Shakti Scooter Yojana aims to provide affordable access to two-wheelers for Mission Shakti Federation Leaders and Community Support Staff (CSS). By offering interest subvention on bank loans up to ₹1,00,000, this initiative empowers them to carry out their responsibilities more effectively, increasing their outreach within the community. It is estimated to benefit around 75,000 community support staff members of Self Help Groups (SHGs) and approximately 1,25,000 federation leaders associated with SHGs.
Mission Shakti Scooter Yojana: Enhancing Accessibility and Recognizing Social Impact
The state government has allocated ₹528.55 crore for the next five years to implement the Mission Shakti Scooter Yojana, ensuring its widespread reach. This initiative aims to empower a larger number of Community Support Staff and Executive Committee (EC) members across the state.
In addition to providing enhanced personal mobility to women, the scheme recognizes and appreciates the crucial role played by Community Support Staff and EC members in fostering social transformation and promoting women’s empowerment throughout the state.
Mission Shakti: Empowering Women in Odisha
On March 8, 2001, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched Mission Shakti, a state-sponsored program in Odisha, with the objective of empowering women through Self Help Groups (SHGs). The program highlights the important role of SHGs and their federations in providing social security and driving social initiatives in areas like health, nutrition, sanitation, and gender equality, among others. Mission Shakti aims to uplift women by offering them a platform to achieve economic independence and promote collective growth.
Odisha, formerly known as Orissa, is a state in eastern India.
- It is bordered by West Bengal to the north, Jharkhand to the northwest, Chhattisgarh to the west, Andhra Pradesh to the south, and the Bay of Bengal to the east.
- The state has a coastline of 485 kilometers.
- The state capital is Bhubaneswar, and the largest city is Cuttack.
- Ganeshi Lal is the current Governor of Odisha. He was sworn in on May 29, 2018.
- Naveen Patnaik is the current Chief Minister of Odisha. He was sworn in on March 5, 2000. Patnaik is the longest-serving Chief Minister of Odisha and has been in office for over 23 years.
- It was the home of the Kalinga Empire, which was one of the most powerful empires in ancient India. The Kalinga War, which was fought between the Kalinga Empire and the Maurya Empire in 262 BC, is considered to be one of the bloodiest wars in history.
- Odisha is also home to the Jagannath Temple in Puri, which is one of the most famous Hindu temples in the world. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu god Jagannath, who is a form of Vishnu.
- Konark is a town in Odisha and is home to the Sun Temple, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The temple is a magnificent example of Kalinga architecture and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Odisha.
- Chilika Lake is the largest brackish water lake in India and is home to a variety of birds and animals. The lake is a popular tourist destination for bird watching and wildlife photography.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
What is Misison Shakti?
What are the objectives of Mission Shakti?
Empower women: The program aims to empower women by providing them with access to education, skills training, and financial services.
Promote gender equality: The program aims to promote gender equality by raising awareness about the issues faced by women and by challenging gender stereotypes.
Reduce violence against women: The program aims to reduce violence against women by providing them with counseling and support services.
Improve the lives of women and their families: The program aims to improve the lives of women and their families by providing them with access to essential services, such as healthcare, education, and employment opportunities.