Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s upcoming visit to the United States from June 21 to June 24 is a highly significant diplomatic visit that underscores India’s geopolitical role. The visit entails a packed schedule of engagements in New York and Washington, where PM Modi will meet world leaders, address the US Congress, and interact with the Indian diaspora. Let’s delve into the key events during PM Modi’s visit.
- Yoga Day in New York: June 21: On June 21, PM Modi will lead the International Yoga Day celebrations at the United Nations Secretariat in New York. As a prominent yoga practitioner, Modi has played a crucial role in promoting yoga globally since 2015, when the United Nations designated this day as the International Day of Yoga. His leadership in the yoga session at the UN Secretariat will underscore the international recognition and influence of this ancient Indian practice.
- Bilateral and State Dinner in Washington: June 22: Following New York, PM Modi will travel to Washington, where he will receive an official welcome at the White House on June 22. A bilateral meeting with President Joe Biden will focus on defense and technology partnerships, climate change, and other mutual interests. After the meeting, PM Modi will address a joint session of the US Congress, becoming the first Indian leader to do so for the second time. This address will allow him to share his vision for India’s future and discuss global challenges faced by both nations. The day will conclude with a state dinner hosted by President Biden and First Lady Jill Biden, attended by prominent Americans and Indian Americans.
- Lunch at the US State Department and CEO Meetings: June 23: On June 23, PM Modi will attend a lunch hosted by the US State Department, where he will join US Vice President Kamala Harris and Secretary of State Antony Blinken. The lunch will provide an opportunity to discuss crucial bilateral matters. Subsequently, PM Modi will deliver a speech at an event organized by the US-India Strategic Partnership Forum, attended by top American CEOs and leaders. He is also expected to hold meetings with select CEOs, further strengthening economic ties between the two countries. Additionally, Modi will address the Indian diaspora at an event in Washington, engaging with Indian-origin professionals and businessmen.
- Egypt Visit: June 25-26: Following his US visit, PM Modi will travel to Egypt on June 25-26 for his first state visit to the North African nation. The visit comes at the invitation of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, who was the chief guest at India’s Republic Day celebrations in January 2023. The visit aims to elevate bilateral relations to a strategic partnership and foster cooperation across various sectors. During his stay, Modi will engage in bilateral talks, interact with senior dignitaries from the Egyptian government, meet prominent Egyptian personalities, and connect with the Indian community in Egypt.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the United States holds immense diplomatic significance, with an array of engagements that highlight India’s global role. From leading Yoga Day celebrations to addressing the US Congress, PM Modi’s visit emphasizes the strengthening of ties between India and the United States. The visit also includes an important state visit to Egypt, further fostering bilateral relations and cooperation. This visit serves as a platform for PM Modi to discuss critical global issues, showcase India’s accomplishments, and deepen ties with both the United States and Egypt.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park