Telangana state has launched a Robotics Framework with the aim of advancing technology and development. It is the first state in the country to have done so. The framework has been designed to establish a long-lasting ecosystem for robotics and foster innovation, research and development, and entrepreneurship in the state. The policy is expected to place Telangana at the forefront of the robotics industry.
About the Robotics Framework
- The State Robotics Framework was launched by Telangana, making it the first state in India to do so.
- The policy was developed by the Emerging Technologies Wing of Telangana’s ITE&C Department in collaboration with the All Indian Robotics Association, with inputs from industry experts, academia, and stakeholders.
- The Emerging Technologies Wing was established in 2017 by the Telangana government to revolutionize the IT and robotics industry.
- The Telangana Government Robotics Framework aims to create a sustainable robotics ecosystem and promote innovation, entrepreneurship, and R&D in key domains such as agriculture, healthcare, industrial automation, and consumer robotics.
- The state has established Robo parks with testing facilities, co-working options, and co-production or manufacturing options, which are owned by the government along with the industry, academia, and incubators at competitive rates.
- Telangana is also working towards a world-class robotics accelerator that aims to provide startups with incubation, infrastructure, authorization support, market insights, investor connections, and mentorship support.
Telangan’s Future Plan
- The Telangana government is planning to hold a global robotics summit to showcase its robotics ecosystem and attract investment from around the world.
- The summit will provide a platform for startups, researchers, and industry leaders to share their work with the world and explore new business opportunities.
- To implement the framework, the government plans to establish a separate body called The Robotics Innovation Center (TRIC).
Telangana’s Views on Emerging Technologies
- KT Rama Rao, the minister of IT and industries, highlights the government’s commitment to promoting innovation and technology in different sectors.
- Telangana is focusing on technological advancements and development.
- The state has chosen eight emerging technologies that are driving ecosystem development and government adoption, including AI, Blockchain, Drones, Additive Manufacturing, IoT, Space Tech, Cloud, and Robotics.
- The state Robotics Framework has four key focus domains: agriculture, healthcare, industrial automation, and consumer robotics.
- The framework has five key pillars: policy and regulations, talent development, R&D and innovation, infrastructure development, and investment promotion and facilitation.
- The government aims to nurture and promote a sustainable robotics industry in Telangana through these focus domains and pillars.
- Telangana is a state located in southern India.
- It was officially formed on June 2, 2014, after the passing of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act in Parliament.
- It is bordered by the states of Maharashtra to the north, Chhattisgarh to the northeast, Karnataka to the west, and Andhra Pradesh to the south and east.
- The state has a population of over 39 million people and its capital city is Hyderabad, which is also the largest city in the state.
- Telugu is the official language of Telangana, and the state has a diverse cultural heritage with influences from the Nizam culture, the Telugu language, and various religions.
- Telangana is known for its rich history, landmarks, and cuisine.
- Some of the popular tourist destinations in Telangana include the historic city of Hyderabad, the Charminar Monument, the Golconda Fort, the Ramoji Film City, the Thousand Pillar Temple, and the Warangal Fort.
- Recently, Telangana CM laid the foundation for Hare Krishna Heritage Tower in Hyderabad
- The state is also known for its delicious biryani.
- Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan (Since September 2019)
- Chief Minister – K. Chandrashekar Rao (Since the formation of the State on 2nd June 2014)
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park
Who is the current CM of Telangana?
K. Chandrashekar Rao, popularly known as KCR, is the current Chief Minister of Telangana. He assumed office as the first Chief Minister of the state of Telangana on June 2, 2014, after the state was formed by the division of the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Which state has launched the Robotics Framework?
Telangana is the first state that launched the Robotics Framework. The framework is aimed at promoting innovation, entrepreneurship, and research and development (R&D) in the field of robotics. It was developed by the Emerging Technologies Wing of Telangana’s ITE&C Department, in collaboration with the All India Robotics Association, with inputs from academia, industry experts, and stakeholders. The Telangana government aims to create a sustainable robotics ecosystem in the state and become a leading player in the field of robotics.