The DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) Industry Academia Centre of Excellence (DIA-CoE) is inaugurated on Sunday at the Indian Institute of Technology in Hyderabad (IITH).
As per a press release by IIT Hyderabad, the journey of DRDO collaboration with IITH was started in 2020 with a DRDO Research cell that has been transformed into a Centre of Excellence as DIA CoE.
This is one of the biggest such facilities in the country. The DRDO Chairman Dr Samir V Kamat has inaugurated this facility at the IIT-Hyderabad campus of Sangaareddy in Telangana. This centre was inaugurated in the presence of Director IIT-H Prof BS Murty, Director General (Missiles and Strategic Systems), Dr BHVS Narayana Murthy, and Director DIA-CoE, Dr G Ramaguru.
There are seven verticals of the technology projects which will be undertaken at DIA-CoE at IIT-H. During the facility, Prof Murty termed the centre a major step towards achieving Atmanirbhar Bharat in Defence Sector. He also stated that this CoE will function better under Dr Ramaguru, who already has a lot of experience in managing strategic projects.
Dr Samir V Kamat also stated that the team DRDO with the team of IIT-H will work together and set target projects for each of the domains and execute to complete them in a period of 3-5 years.
- 3 August Current Affairs 2023 in English
- MoU Between Subroto Mukerjee Sports and Education Society and All India Football Federation (AIFF) to Promote Football at Grassroot Level
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Delivers Keynote Address at the 13th Indian Organ Donation Day ceremony
- Education Ministry Forms Expert Panel on Anti-Discrimination in Higher Education
- Concerns Arise Over Cheetah Deaths at Kuno National Park